There are no news articles posted at this time.
Calendar of Events »
There are no upcoming events posted at this time.
The Church of the Good Shepherd
4140 Clark Street, Covington, GA 30014
Phone: (770) 786-3278
8:00 a.m. - Holy Eucharist, Rite One (traditional language, no music; followed by coffee fellowship in the Parish Hall)
10:00 a.m. - Nursery opens for infants through age 4
9:25 a.m. - Adult formation class (Parish Hall downstairs)
10:30 a.m. - Holy Eucharist, Rite Two (modern language; with adult & children's choirs, hymns, and sung Eucharist; followed by coffee fellowship in the Parish Hall)
11:00 a.m. - Holy Eucharist, Rite One (simple 35-min. liturgy, in chapel above the Parish Hall)
5:15 - 6:55 p.m. - S.L.A.M. (Serving God, Loving Others, And Making Joyful Music), our formation program for ages K-8, meets most Wednesdays. See PARISH LIFE newsletter (link at left) for this season's exact schedule.
Link to our "theme song"
What can it be like to be a Christian in our tradition? Already an Episcopalian and wondering what to share with others about your faith community? Only have one idea of what a missionary is? Then check out this video:
Our LITURGICAL MINISTRIES
are all in need of new servants: JOIN US!
Whether clergy or lay, by our baptisms we are all made ministers of Christ's Good News. Serving in worship is a simple and spiritually gratifying
way to minister to others in Christ's name. While, like all worthwhile work, it demands commitment and care, serving in worship is not just for the specially educated, pious, or "holy" among us (I know, right?)! The canons of the Church place few restrictions as to age & ability. Each and every week at Good Shepherd we need, on a rotating schedule:
- IMMEDIATE / URGENT NEEDS:
- Eucharistic Ministers (EMs): teens & adults to help with the distribution of Holy Communion
- Intercessors: teens & adults to lead the Prayers of the People & help with the distribution of Holy Communion
- Servers @ 8:00 worship: combines the two roles above with lector
- Oblationers: individuals, couples, and families to bring the gifts of bread & wine to the altar on behalf of the congregation
- Ushers: people of all ages to greet, distribute bulletins, and assist worshippers & the clergy in various ways
- Lectors: teens & adults to read the Old Testament & Epistle lessons
- Greeters: people of all ages to greet folks as they arrive and at Coffee Fellowship, with particular attention to welcoming newcomers
- Acolytes: young people 2nd grade & up to assist in worship by carrying the processional cross, torches, and Gospel and helping the clergy around the altar
Please prayerfully consider giving one or two of these ministries a try, whether for the first time or after a break from past service. All are welcome! E
-mail the office firstname.lastname@example.org
or call @ 770-786-3278
to let us know what you'd like to do!
| | Share